Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tiddly-bits

...wow, that word sounds gross. Nevermind.

So guess what? I've booked a show in Nashville, with Trudy Chase for the last weekend in August (I'll get more specific when I have the info) that I'm oh-so-excited about. Katie's one of my oldest besties, and she and Meredith are pretty much the shiz - check them out here.

Now, I know this is supposed to be the news section, but since I'm kind of boring, and don't have tons of news to report all the time, I'll also give you front row seats to a little show called "True Life: I'm a Broke-A Musician." Guys, it's going to be great (for you - me, maybe not so much...).

Here's my first little snack: Trying to get anything done in the entertainment industry - at any level, in any capacity, is like trying to herd effing cats. I kid you not. It's a Christmas miracle that anything gets done. Ever. Because it's a world run by flighty creative types, and impossibly complicated/overambitious projects, and things fall through constantly. CONSTANTLY. Which is okay once you get the hang of it- that's why you get lots of projects and plans going, so that everything hopefully evens out in the end. For better or worse, it's just how it is - but I think it's strange that no one really tells you that beforehand. Shouldn't that truth have found its way into my music business textbooks at some point? On a related note, I think I need a nap....

'til next time!

Kiss kiss,

Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment